All applicants must demonstrate the following:
All applicants must have the following before being considered by the Board of Advisors for the Equi-Health Canada/Equi-USA EFAI course
1. Must be over the age of 18 and a high school graduate or acceptable level of experience and education. Teens aged 14-17 may be considered however would carry the title of Junior Instructor and would be required to co-teach with a senior instructor until they are 18 years of age. This is partly for insurance reasons, but also to ensure the success of the young instructor.
2. Must have significant experience and comfort in handling and working with horses. This may be in a specific sport or discipline, breeding background, pleasure rider, groom, police work, or the like.
3. Must be able to participate in learning situations that require skills in observation, visual, auditory and tactile information gathering.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to safely perform hands on assessment/demonstration with a live horse, including feet and all parts of the body.
5. Must demonstrate the application of good judgement and prompt completion of all responsibilities attendant to the care and safety of both horse and human.
6. Must adhere to the EFAI Code of Ethics.
7. Must complete the application form in full and pay course fees prior to training date.
*Application does not guarantee acceptance. Refunds will not be issued to failed students.